Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Map Suggestion Thread

Not that this sub-forum is spammed with suggestion threads, but I think one thread to contain all the old and new suggestions is a good idea to minimize spam. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so feel free to add your own and criticize my suggestions.

Personal Suggestions:
-as_crazytank3 (it's a classic. can't have a FM server without crazytank3) and if I were to judge, i'd pick crazytank3 over the current crazytank2.
-the_get_away2 (classic. doesn't require an explanation)
-woohoo_cars (gotta have at least one car map)
-surf_green (was an off-books map but iirc, the server was jam packed for the very few times i played that map)
-fun_allinone (This map has "Win" written all over it. With a great variety of mini-maps to choose from, this map can't ever go wrong)
-ka_incline2 (disable auto bhop and this map might have some potential.)

Disliked/Unpopular/Need to be removed maps: (And take my word for it, these maps NEVER get chosen or nom'd. They're only played when server crashes.)
-fy_houses (unenjoyable, usually has ~10 players playing)
-cs_highsociety (very unenjoyable, server usually loses about 10 players when changed to this map)
-wonkachocolatefactory (by far one of the worst maps in the server, DEFINITELY has to go. this is one of the few maps that everyone succesfully rtv's. and out of ALL maps i've played, hardly, if ever, the required amount of players rtv.)
-fy_waterland (..never played it)
-fy_party (very dull map. it's extremely colorful in some areas and extremely dark in others. also has a shitty nightclub theme in the center of the map that KILLS your bandwidth.)
-de_batcave (doesn't even deserve an explanation. i'd rather play wonkafactory over this. falls into the lowest category for ratings)
-de_747 (an original cs map in a FM server? might as well just add de_dust2 as well to give the server a better 'og' perspective)
-de_gower (...i've never played OR heard of this map. could definitely use that bandwidth to put in a playable map like one suggested above)
-de_tot (HUGEEEEE and extremely gay. Maps like this completely contradict the "FUN map" name. Once the map changes to this, it's automatically a "boring map" server.. not to mention the player count drops to a mere 5-8 when this map comes up)
-he_offroad (i've only played this map twice since May when I joined. either it was added recently or it's just unknown and unpopular, which i believe is the case)

Minor Tweaks:

-Renaming the map 'fy_team74'. for one, it's an awp map and second, the name is extremely misleading. maybe 'awp_team74' would be more appealing.
-re-adding the jail for surf ski 2 would be a great idea. It would prevent players from surfing all over like wild animals for 3 minutes straight. The rounds usually never end until the timer is met..
-de_mario_air needs a bit more spawn points. the map only holds 10 players for each team, and i hate to revive players that always die in the beginning because they can't spawn.

Everything posted above was thought thoroughly and based off years of fun mapping experience. I've been playing ZoD's FM server for months and I've extremely active, so I have vivid knowledge to distinguish between the good and bad maps.
[Image: 34fmpep.gif]

I have heard of almost all these maps and the ones that I know all seem to be good. The only issue i have is fun_allinone with the amount of space people get to spawn. I havent played it in a while so my mind might be deceiving me but just wanted to throw that out there.
[Image: joker_csgo.png]
[Image: 76561197967320183.png]

(08-24-2011, 08:07 PM)JOKER Wrote: I have heard of almost all these maps and the ones that I know all seem to be good. The only issue i have is fun_allinone with the amount of space people get to spawn. I havent played it in a while so my mind might be deceiving me but just wanted to throw that out there.

I believe it has 20 spawn points. Not sure though, but this server definitely needs a map like that. It's similar to matrix revolutions as well.

(08-24-2011, 08:16 PM)dank Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 08:07 PM)JOKER Wrote: I have heard of almost all these maps and the ones that I know all seem to be good. The only issue i have is fun_allinone with the amount of space people get to spawn. I havent played it in a while so my mind might be deceiving me but just wanted to throw that out there.

I believe it has 20 spawn points. Not sure though, but this server definitely needs a map like that. It's similar to matrix revolutions as well.

Yeah it is definitely a great map. If there is enough space in the glass box I dont see why not! Big Grin
[Image: joker_csgo.png]
[Image: 76561197967320183.png]

(raises pickit sign) *Add Classics* What do we want!?...
[Image: biggs_cod.png] [Image: biggs.png]

ka_incline2, ka_trainfight, ka_colosseum, ka_knifebeach < any of those
starwars

i'll find some more tomorrow.

(08-24-2011, 08:03 PM)dank Wrote: -as_crazytank3 (it's a classic. can't have a FM server without crazytank3) and if I were to judge, i'd pick crazytank3 over the current crazytank2.

Was there before, got removed, I'm fine with adding it again if people want it.

Quote:-the_get_away2 (classic. doesn't require an explanation)

Was also there in the past, every time I connected all I saw was people telling everyone to RTV and not much more than 10 to 14 people on that map.

Quote:-woohoo_cars (gotta have at least one car map)

I'm not even going over this one again. This is the same thing as awesome_cars but an even more poor version. All that happens on those two maps is half the teams get killed by teammates running over them and then it ends by being 2 or 3 guys alone, with one auto bhopping in circles super fast like a mindless bot without stopping while another noob runs around hitting the walls with one of the cars while the dead players rage about it in chat or just leave. Yep, lots of fun... if you have admin powers.

Quote:-surf_green (was an off-books map but iirc, the server was jam packed for the very few times i played that map)

If I remember it right, I removed it because I had people telling me it was a poor surf map.

Quote:-fun_allinone (This map has "Win" written all over it. With a great variety of mini-maps to choose from, this map can't ever go wrong)

Also in the server in the past. We end up finding it was the main cause of a lot of server crashes. Add to that all the spawn deaths, the small spawn area, the glitched players, the rounds where the doors wouldn't open or worst of all, the times where a guy would rush the teleporter too close to the guy in front of him and both ended up stuck on each other and then the rest of the team that walked through it since they have no other way to go gets stuck too and in an instant you have a whole team stuck on a big pile of glitched CT's/T's (which, by the way, causes huge lag and many times made the server crash). The map is fun but it's just really poorly made, surprises me no one ever made a v2 of it. fun_matrix was added exactly to replace allinone and allinone is definitely not coming back with all the problems it has.

Quote:-ka_incline2 (disable auto bhop and this map might have some potential.)

That's fine, I already intent to add this map.

Quote:Disliked/Unpopular/Need to be removed maps: (And take my word for it, these maps NEVER get chosen or nom'd. They're only played when server crashes.)

-de_747 (an original cs map in a FM server? might as well just add de_dust2 as well to give the server a better 'og' perspective)

de_747 is not one of the default maps, that's cs_747, which has hostages inside a landed airplane on an airport, de_747 is a defuse map on a flying airplane. And if you don't see the fun in shooting the side doors of the plane while an enemy approaches and watch him getting sucked out to his death then you don't know what good fun is.

Quote:-de_tot (HUGEEEEE and extremely gay. Maps like this completely contradict the "FUN map" name. Once the map changes to this, it's automatically a "boring map" server.. not to mention the player count drops to a mere 5-8 when this map comes up)

*looks at poptart*

Quote:Minor Tweaks:
-Renaming the map 'fy_team74'. for one, it's an awp map and second, the name is extremely misleading. maybe 'awp_team74' would be more appealing.

Whoever made the map should have thought of that, unfortunately they didn't. Changing the name of someone's map doesn't feel very right to me, I certainly wouldn't like to see a map I made being used on someone's server with a different name. Same logic as to why we wouldn't grab all ZoW zombie maps and rename them ZoD, whoever makes a map sets its name, changing it to something else is stealing the credit from the map maker in my opinion. Plus it would make everyone have to redownload the same map they already have with just a different name.

Quote:-re-adding the jail for surf ski 2 would be a great idea. It would prevent players from surfing all over like wild animals for 3 minutes straight. The rounds usually never end until the timer is met..
-de_mario_air needs a bit more spawn points. the map only holds 10 players for each team, and i hate to revive players that always die in the beginning because they can't spawn.

http://www.zombiesondrugs.com/showthread.php?tid=1844

You guys should really make up your minds. One day jail sucks and makes surf boring, should be removed because that way noobs have to surf like they're meant to and not just camp jail ready to shoot you in the back, the next day no jail is gay and needs to be added again.

As for any new additions in terms of maps I will try to add a few more this weekend if I can, I might not have the time this weekend, though.

And since we're at it I'll bring back my question from other thread: conveyor was removed because of the auto bhop, how about with auto bhop turned off?
[Image: infernusforumsig.png]

Quote:as_crazytank3 - Was there before, got removed, I'm fine with adding it again if people want it.

The map itself isn't bad. Only problem is the sinking of the tanks.

Quote:the_get_away2 - Was also there in the past, every time I connected all I saw was people telling everyone to RTV and not much more than 10 to 14 people on that map.

that map could go both ways. i personally like it.

Quote: woohoo_cars - I'm not even going over this one again. This is the same thing as awesome_cars but an even more poor version. All that happens on those two maps is half the teams get killed by teammates running over them and then it ends by being 2 or 3 guys alone, with one auto bhopping in circles super fast like a mindless bot without stopping while another noob runs around hitting the walls with one of the cars while the dead players rage about it in chat or just leave. Yep, lots of fun... if you have admin powers.

haha, true. i guess we can scratch that.. i only suggested it because i miss the presence of having so much cars to drive from i guess.

Quote:surf_green - If I remember it right, I removed it because I had people telling me it was a poor surf map.

it closely resembles surf ski 5. basically, the first player(s) to get guns maintain the upperhand and are usually the ones who have the most fun.

Quote:fun_allinone - Also in the server in the past. We end up finding it was the main cause of a lot of server crashes. Add to that all the spawn deaths, the small spawn area, the glitched players, the rounds where the doors wouldn't open or worst of all, the times where a guy would rush the teleporter too close to the guy in front of him and both ended up stuck on each other and then the rest of the team that walked through it since they have no other way to go gets stuck too and in an instant you have a whole team stuck on a big pile of glitched CT's/T's (which, by the way, causes huge lag and many times made the server crash). The map is fun but it's just really poorly made, surprises me no one ever made a v2 of it. fun_matrix was added exactly to replace allinone and allinone is definitely not coming back with all the problems it has.

ah i see where you're going with that one.. but i believe both matrix maps are played so often that they're hardly even nominated anymore. however, i honestly believe any map that contains a bunch of mini maps in them are usually the BEST maps for a FM server.

Quote:ka_incline2 - That's fine, I already intent to add this map.

i'll probably cast a 'rate this map' vote every now and then and record the results. Then let you guys be the judge whether to keep that map or not.

Quote:de_747 is not one of the default maps, that's cs_747, which has hostages inside a landed airplane on an airport, de_747 is a defuse map on a flying airplane. And if you don't see the fun in shooting the side doors of the plane while an enemy approaches and watch him getting sucked out to his death then you don't know what good fun is.

been there, done that. the odds of every foe getting sucked out is pretty slim and the map is a bit too narrow to be auto bhopping. and mind you, i believe autobhop is the best feature of the server and i, as everyone else, use it as an alternative to walking/running. haven't seen or played 747 in months.

Quote:http://www.zombiesondrugs.com/showthread.php?tid=1844

You guys should really make up your minds. One day jail sucks and makes surf boring, should be removed because that way noobs have to surf like they're meant to and not just camp jail ready to shoot you in the back, the next day no jail is gay and needs to be added again.

i never got to take part in that poll. but looking at the names, the majority of the players who voted for no jail don't even play in the server. surf 2 has too little terrain to camp so players are constantly surfing.. and THAT'S boring. surf 5 on the other hand has more features, more walking land, easier gun room access, easier awp/autosniper access, etc. with more land to walk on and a jail, players die quicker and therefore dead players don't have to wait 3 minutes watching nubs surf like butthurts until the round ends like in surf2.

Quote:And since we're at it I'll bring back my question from other thread: conveyor was removed because of the auto bhop, how about with auto bhop turned off?

i personally believe the conveyor belts are gay, but that's just me.

haha, infern. I remember playing tot when I was like 12 y/o and we thought it was an awesome map. Never did anyone call it boring. Unfortunately, on this server, it just isn't what it use to be. Indeed, it is too big.

conveyor itself was just a bad map, IMO. There was no fun factor to it. 35hp was much better.

the get away has always been a favorite of mine. i think it's a nice option to have on the server.

+1 for the_get_away2.

EDIT: speaking of the_get_away2, i just had a former fun map veteran ask me through friends chat to suggest the_get_away2. I'm convinced this map will be a success; as pop, a veteran and I all like that map. Infern, you should definitely take that map in top consideration.